Effective Date: 19th November 2021
Inver GmbH (“Novatic”) recognises that when you choose to provide us with personal information about yourself, you trust us to treat it responsibly.
- Through the other business functions of Novatic, such as through our customer loyalty programmes or by customer service representatives.
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. In addition, we may have relationships with non-Novatic entities that distribute Sherwin-Williams products. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by such third parties. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to such third parties.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you and others and, if applicable, the computer or device you use to access our Services in a variety of ways:
- If you provide us information directly.
- If you use our Services or make purchases. The manner of our collection and the type of information collected may vary by jurisdiction to accommodate local legal requirements.
Information you provide us directly
We collect information directly from you when you choose to register for our Services (for example, when you register for one of our loyalty programmes), make a purchase, sign up to enter a promotion, submit your postcode to learn more about stores near you, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information you may provide us directly:
- Email address, physical address and/or postcode and phone number.
- Username or password.
- Age or birthdate, gender, occupation and other demographic information.
- Credit card or other payment information.
- Other information about you (such as product interests and where you typically shop for paint and coatings products).
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Services.
Information we collect when you use our Services
We collect information about your computer or device and your online activity, including through the use of standard Internet technologies, such as local stored objects. The following are examples of the types of information that we collect:
- Your browser type and operating system.
- IP address.
- The purchases and transactions you make through the Services.
Novatic offers or links you connect to via emails.Additional information we may collect about you
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources in accordance with applicable law. In addition, we collect other information you allow a third party to provide to us. For example, if you choose to access or use social networking services, we may receive and store information that you allow us to receive through those services, such as your email address.
We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the Services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your separate consent.
All of the information we collect about you may be combined to help us enhance and improve our products and services and tailor our communications to you.
Use of Information and legal basis
We may use the information we collect about you in accordance with applicable law:
- To perform our contract(s) with you, including processing your purchases and transactions.
- To provide you with services, products or other materials you request (for example, completing your registration for a loyalty programme and sending you product samples): in this case the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Services based on our legitimate business interests (security and integrity).
With your separate consent:
- To communicate with you about our products, services and promotions (direct marketing).
To meet our legal obligations, in particular:
- for audit and reporting purposes
- to perform accounting and administrative tasks;
- to respond to requests for information by competent public bodies and judicial authorities; and
- to enforce our legal rights and to enforce or manage legal claims.
Otherwise with your separate consent.
Please see Your Choices & Rights in Your Information below for information about the choices you may have in relation to our use of your personal information.
Sharing of Information
Novatic may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- We may share information within the Sherwin-Williams group of companies among our various businesses and affiliated companies, including, for example, to provide you with our global product and service improvements (such as global and corporate Business Intelligence solutions) .
- Service Providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of contractual services on our behalf. To do so, we may need to share your information with them. For example, we may rely on service providers to fulfil our product and service requests, process your credit card and other payments, answer your questions, send emails on our behalf.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity.
- To prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services.
- Where permitted by law, to protect the rights, property or safety of Sherwin-Williams, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees.
- Other Parties In Connection With a Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your information to a third party in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or our assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganisation or liquidation. We will collect your separate consent when required by applicable law.
- We also share data in a manner that is aggregated (for example, information that has been aggregated with other records) for general business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to our websites or other Services.
A cookie is a small file that may be stored on your computer or other device. A cookie enables us to recognise it across different websites, services, devices and browsing sessions.
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Click the “Help” menu of your browser to learn more about how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies. Please note that disabling cookies may affect your ability to access and use certain features of the Services.
How We Use These Technologies
Our online services use these technologies for the following general purposes:
|Type of Cookie||What Do They Do||Examples|
|Functionality||Allow our online Services to remember choices you make (such as your language) to provide a more personalised online experience.||For example, these cookies enable you to store your preferences so that you don’t have to enter those preferences each time you log on.|
International Transfer of Data
Novatic and its service providers may collect, transfer, store and process your information outside of your country of residence, including to the United States. Please note that other countries’ data protection and other laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. In accordance with applicable law, we implement measures such as standard data protection clauses published by the European Commission – including the new set issued on 4th June 2021 (available here) – and supplementary measures, where required, to ensure that any transferred personal information remains protected and secure. You may obtain further information about these measures by contacting us using the Sherwin-Williams Global Privacy Portal.
Collection of Information From Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information online from children as defined by local law. If we learn that a child has provided us with personal information, we will delete it or otherwise comply with applicable law.
Your Choices & Rights in Your Information
Where permitted by applicable law, we may send you offers or promotions. However, we give you choices about how we communicate with you.
- Email: If you no longer wish to continue receiving commercial emails from a particular Sherwin-Williams brand or group, you may follow the instructions contained in any such message. You may also contact us at the Sherwin-Williams Global Privacy Portalfor information about how to remove yourself from any of our mailing lists.
- Postal mail: If you no longer wish to continue receiving commercial postal mail from a particular Sherwin-Williams brand or group, you may follow the instructions or use the contact information contained in any such message. You may also contact us at the Sherwin-Williams Global Privacy Portalto remove yourself from our mailing lists.
- Other: If you no longer wish to continue receiving other commercial communications from a particular Sherwin-Williams brand or group, you may follow the instructions or use the contact information contained in any such message. You may also contact us at the Sherwin-Williams Global Privacy Portalto remove yourself from other types of direct marketing in accordance with local law.
Please note that, despite your opt-out selections, where permitted by applicable laws, we may send you communications regarding transactions or services you have specifically requested or to inform you of important changes to our Services, products or policies. If you have multiple accounts, you may need to opt-out separately for each account in connection with the privacy choices described above.
You have certain rights as a data subject, namely to access, update, restrict, oppose, erase, port and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information under our control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. Many of our programmes provide you direct access to view, update, correct and/or delete personal information you provided when you registered online and certain other functionality. Please check where you registered to learn what functionality may be available to you in relation to an applicable programme.
You also have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. If you withdraw certain consents, we may no longer be able to offer related services.
If functionality is not available where you registered and you would like to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at the Sherwin-Williams Global Privacy Portal. We will respond to requests in accordance with applicable law and subject to legal and contractual restrictions.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law.
Information Security & Retention
We have in place various procedures to safeguard your information, including technical, administrative and physical procedures intended to keep your information secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
In addition, we take steps to retain personal information about you only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, as required under contract, or as required by or permissible under applicable law.
How to Contact Us
You may contact the Data Protection Officer via email@example.com
Email via electronic webform: Sherwin-Williams Global Privacy Portal