Rail Exterior Passenger coating systems
The requirements for RAIL exterior coatings of rail vehicles differ significantly to RAIL interior or other segments. In addition to optical requirements the coating systems must be resistant against extremely high mechanical loads and climatic impacts. Therefore there are special tests for the suitability of vehicle washing facilities.
AQUATIC 2C-B and SOLVATIC 2C-B are especially developed for the field of RAIL exterior and offer significant advantages:
- excellent UV-stability
- especially high mechanical and chemical resistance values
- large application-technology spectrum
- completely synchronized system
- solvent based (SOLVATIC) or water dilutable (AQUATIC) adjustment available
- NMPS (novatic modular production system) available
- Wet-on-wet application
- Extreme schnelle Durchlaufzeiten bei Lackierung aufgrund kurzer Intervalle
- Extremely fast lead time at coating due to short intervals
- low VOC values
- Admittance of various railway companies
In the series coating of rail vehicles water dilutable 2C PUR-top coats, fillers and 2C EP-primers have been delivered by novatic for more than 17 years.
By the year 2000, vehicles have been coated in series with the innovative basis / clear coat system. Since then, more than 2000 passenger carriages have been coated which operate in extreme weather conditions, from Central Europe to Siberia.